Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Thrift Store Treasures

Trying to decorate on a budget in a Shabby Chic style involved ALOT of running around through the various thrift stores. It's amazing how much inspiration or ideas can be found at the thrift store, on a very moderate budget and if you're handy with a glue gun, spray paint or a paint brush you're creativity is limitless. I have listed below some pics of projects I completed for the baby shower.
 
Picked up the white wicker bassinet at the thrift store was looking for a basket to put the bombonieres in.  I couldn't resist this one spray painted it white added some lace, ribbon, flowers and it worked out beautifully.  The frames were a thrift store find as well, brought back to life with a can of spray paint.


Picked up a fur boa at dollarama and attached it to the back of this wreath.

This is a key cabinet that looked like a little doorway I pulled out the hooks and redecorated it and made it into a cute sign for the guest book.

Spray painted the bird cage, added some moss, left over birds eggs and a bird and ended up with a cute table ornament. Below I repurposed a picture frame and used some of that left over boa from dollarama. 




 The rocking chair was originally a cherry colour I came across a recipe on how to make chalk paint, so I tried it out distressed it myself and it turned out beautifully for my first time chalk painting and distressing. 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment