Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Wedding Bird Cage Card Holder

Hi there,
When I was planning my sister's shower I came up with the idea of doing a Gift Card holder using an antique doll stroller.  While I was searching I also came across this funky bird cage at an antique store.  I decided I would decorate this as a back up, in case I was unable to find the doll stroller.  I did end up finding the doll stroller, so I decided to decorate this one in a wedding theme.  The cage was painted with chalk paint in a creamy antique white.  The wires were hand painted in a soft gold.  The bottom of the bird cage I modge podged some vintage looking scrap paper to the bottom.  The pieces I decorated it with can be changed to suit your wedding colours.  The cage is almost completed, I had a trap door created for the opening at the top so the cards can be inserted and the trap door locked in place. Also the front doors of the cage, I am thinking about securing them permanently, so the only access is through the top when you unlock the trap door.  The cage will be available to rent as a wedding prop.  I am slowly building my inventory and have aquired several things I will post them on here as they are aquired.  If you have any questions feel free to contact me.
Before picture of the bird cage:
 


 
I added a bit of stenciling detail to the top, there is a hinge at the opening where I will attach the trap door that has a slit for the envelopes to enter, along with a lock and key to secure it in place.

 
Bottom Interior of the bird cage:
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment